There has been a lot of chatter about Google’s Possum update which focuses on the Local Pack, we have a look at how this could affect your website.
A local pack appears on the search engine results page and contains a map with the name, address and telephone. The local pack will give you a choice of three listings, however, you can see more listings by selecting the ‘More places’ option.
Now, the local pack is becoming more competitive it is important that you are on top of the game by looking at the following factors;
- Optimising your website’s On-Page Content
- Optimising off-page signals – such as increased presence on local directories
- Google Maps Listings – Look at further optimisation
- Increase local reviews on sites
- Build backlinks to your site from decent sites relevant to your industry
With Google’s new algorithm tweak, your site may be ranking higher or lower in the local pack. There has been a lot of chatter online indicating that it was a ranking change but Google has not confirmed this.
So, if you need help with your SEO local pack send us an email and let’s start optimising your site.